Head of department – Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, D.Sc., Professor Anatolii P. Alpatov
The department counts 26 employees, 4 of them are Doctors of Science, 8 are PhDs, and 1 is a Doctor of Philosophy.
Field of research – system analysis of space sector problems; study of free and controlled operating regimes of functioning of space and ground-based mechanical systems under a broad spectrum of actions; optimization of project parameters of spacecraft; dynamics of space vehicles and complexes; tethered space systems; large-scale transformative space-based structures; ballistics and dynamics of orbital service systems, problems of space debris and implementation of industrial production in orbit.
Research history on system analysis conducted in the department
The basic developments of the department were focused on the tasks of the rocket and space industry of Ukraine and at their core contain fundamental research conducted in accordance with the planned tasks of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. The main customers of such works are the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the State Space Agency of Ukraine, the Yuzhnoye State Design Office, the Yuzhny Machine-Building Plant State Enterprise.
Development of system analysis methods. The method of regression analysis has been developed in the direction of the development of system analysis methods. A method of structural-parametric identification has been developed in the problem of modeling objects with multidimensional output in the class of beta-autoregression models, in which the ratio of weighting coefficients of autoregression is determined on the basis of density functions of beta distributions. According to the principles of the method of group consideration of arguments, a regularity criterion for modeling in the class of beta-autoregressive models in the conditions of quasi-repeated observations has been constructed and investigated. The developed method of structural-parametric identification is used to describe and predict the movement of large fragments of space debris.
Systems analysis of space sector problems
According to this direction of research:
- a system analysis methodology of space systems has been developed, including theoretical models and computational methods for multicriteria comparative analysis of existing and designed space systems, assessing their competitiveness and effectiveness. Dataware and analytical tools for research of satellite and space transport systems have been created.
- based on the results of systematic research, the development of four national space programs of Ukraine has been completed at the ITM of the NASU and SSAU, and their scientific and technical support has been carried out;
- the method of evaluating the technical and economic indicators of the created spacecraft for remote sensing of the Earth has been developed and tested on the “Sich-2M” project.
Research history on the study of free and controlled operating regimes of functioning of space and ground-based mechanical systems under a broad spectrum of actions
Optimization of launch vehicle controlled flight and basic design parameters. The multiobjective problem of configuration choice and optimization of basic design parameters and flight control programs has been formulated for liquid-propellant LVs of different classes designed for near-Earth orbit injection. Mathematical models of liquid and solid propellant LVs have been developed, which allows one to determine the size-and-mass, energy, and ballistic characteristics of different LV classes as a function of the source data and the values of the structural and basic design parameters. An approach has been developed, which allows one to reduce an optimal control problem to a problem of nonlinear programming with imposed restrictions in the form of equalities, inequalities, and differential constraints.
Dynamics of space cable systems. Tethered space systems (TSSs) are a promising line in the development of space hardware and technologies. Tethered space systems stabilized by rotation are a separate direction in the field of TSS. Their use makes it possible to obtain additional benefits in almost all directions of TSS use.
The department carried out work to identify patterns of dynamics of space tethered systems. The possibility of random synchronization of motions under the action of dissipative forces and the existence of stochastic attractors for the TSS class have been shown. A new mechanical image of stochastic motion regimes has been constructed, around which a new explanation of the origination of random trajectories in deterministic systems has been given. New methods have been developed, and new results on the problem of random motions in deterministic systems have been obtained.
The scheme of full-scale experimental studies and the configuration of a small single TSS have been decided on. Recommendations to increase the reliability of the tether connection have been made.
A new class of gravity stabilization systems (GSSs) for satellites of systems that use flexible connectors (tethers) has been singled out and investigated.
The dynamics of spacecraft with a GSS in the form of a rigid rod has been studied.
Electrodynamic tethered space systems (EDTSS) are promising for transport operations in near-Earth orbits and provide one of the most economical ways to solve the problem of the disposal of space objects from near-Earth orbits. Calculation methods have been developed: EDTSS interaction with ionospheric plasma and magnetosphere; interaction with a neutral media; exposure to solar heating and shading; tether destruction probability by cosmic particles; relative and orbital motion dynamics, taking into account the possible resonances; dynamics of system deployment.
General issues of space flight dynamics. New forms of perturbed Keplerian motion equations were proposed and the effectiveness of their application for space flight dynamics problems was indicated. New kinematic parameters of solid-body motion were proposed relative to the center of mass, based on terrestrial reference system transition to the source by two turns. On this basis a new satellite orientation control algorithm performed with magnetic executive bodies was proposed. New forms of solid-body motion equations were proposed relative to the center of mass, describing explicitly gyroscopic moments which occur when the body is rotated. This form of equations is useful for the development of solid-body orientation control principles. New forms of motion equations of two interacting satellites in near-Earth changing orbit, including equations of perturbed Keplerian motion, the equation of mass center motion of subsatellite relative to the mass center of the main satellite and the equations satellite motion relative to self-center mass. The methods of study of satellite oscillations relative to center of mass under the impact of periodic external disturbances were developed. These methods include methods of research of resonant and non-resonant system oscillation cases described by Hill-type equations.
Large-size transformable space structures.
Based on a non-Galilean model of conceptual space-time, a new theory of motion of deformable bodies has been developed, and novel mathematical models, which describe the dynamics of mechanical and thermomechanical processes by a unified system of equations, have been devised. A new approach to a mathematical description of the dynamics of a large space structure as a deformable body has been proposed.
The methodological base of adaptive-robust orientation control of solar space power plants has been developed – a new class of control objects that differ significantly from the spacecraft that were previously used and are currently operating in orbits. The creation of such power plants is one of the promising ways to develop energy.
The implementation of the required form accuracy of a reflective surface in the manufacturing of large (tens of meters in diameter) space reflectors is a complicated technical problem, whose topicality stems from the rapid advancement of radio astronomy, satellite communications, and solar power engineering. At the department, a series of investigations have been conducted into the shaping of a large-size cable-stayed space reflector.
Based on the methods of mobile control augmented at the department earlier, investigations have been continued into the problem of mobile control of large space structures using the solar radiation pressure.
Manipulator dynamics. A complex of methods and algorithms has been developed for the study of controlled systems of a special type – mobile control systems. For a number of ground- and space-based objects, a comparative analysis of the use of the principles of traditional and mobile control has been made. Situations have been revealed where mobile control is a preferable way, and in some cases the only way to construct an automatic system. The theoretical results of the study were used as the basis for the algorithms of the control system of the YuG-1 industrial robot developed at the department by Yuzhmash Production Association’s request. The customer made good use of the prototype robots in hot bolt heading.
The study of space manipulator dynamics was started in the 1980s and then pursued under contracts with the Central Research Institute of Robotics and Engineering Cybernetics, which was engaged in the designing of a space manipulator for the Buran system. The results of the investigations were used in the tryout of innovative products as primary introduction at the Research Institute of Robotics and Engineering Cybernetics. As a result of the study of the dynamics of on-board manipulators, a class of systems for mutual positioning of the spacecraft and the payload has been identified, which can include both existing transport systems for moving the payload relative to the orbital ship with the help of an anthropomorphic manipulator (mechanism of sequential kinematics), and promising systems for high-precision positioning of the payload using the manipulation mechanism of parallel kinematics.
Space debris problem
With the development of near-Earth space (NES), the problems of preventing its man-made pollution and ensuring the functionality of rocket and space technology objects (RST) in the conditions of a growing population of space debris fragments (SD) have become urgent. A set of works has been carried out on the problem of the safety of spacecraft, associated with a high probability of collision with SD fragments, and the issue of preventing the growth of a cloud of SD fragments has also been considered. A complex of tasks related to the withdrawal from working orbits of spacecraft that had stopped functioning has been studied. An electrodynamic space tethered system has been studied, which uses the phenomenon of electrodynamic braking to decelerate RST objects with the aim of removing the spent spacecraft from orbit. It is shown that the use of the proposed system will allow effective cleaning of the NES in low orbits from the SD.
The design view has been created and the parameters of the aerodynamic system of deorbiting the booster stage of the “Cyclone-4” launch vehicle have been selected. A new design scheme of the aerodynamic system of the withdrawal of the Sich-2-1 spacecraft developed by the Yuzhnoye State Design Office has been developed. The aerodynamic diversion system has been modernized for its use on the upper stage of the Cyclone-1M launch vehicle.
The research necessary for the implementation of the concept of contactless removal of space debris, which was named “Shepherd with an ion beam”, has been carried out. The main provisions of regulatory documents that ensure the improvement of space flight safety have been developed, and an industry standard has been prepared to limit pollution of NES. The department has carried out work on providing scientific and technical support for the interaction of the State Space Agency of Ukraine with the the Inter-Agency Space Debris Coordination Committee (IADC). The head of the department Alpatov A. P. and leading researcher S. V. Khoroshilov are part of the IADC and directly participate in the work of the IADC.
A separate applied direction of research conducted in the department was the creation of biomechanical and medical information systems. The basis of this direction was cooperation with the Department of Medical Cybernetics and Computer Engineering of the Dnipropetrovsk Medical Institute, which was headed by Professor A. P. Alpatov. The biomechanical research conducted in the department has been aimed at creating hardware and software tools for diagnosing and correcting the functional state of the human musculoskeletal system. The issue of creating medical information systems has been investigated. A general methodology has been developed for the construction of versatile medical knowledge banks, including intelligent systems of human state monitoring. A new efficient method, termed “Method of Limiting Generalizations”, has been proposed for the solution of weak-formalized problems of medical diagnostics, patient state prediction, and assessment of the efficiency of medical aid. The results of the investigations are used in experimental and practical medicine; information systems have been introduced at the Dnepropetrovsk Regional Diagnostic Center, the UkrState Research Institute of Medical and Social Disability Problems of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, at the Outpatient Department of Dnepropetrovsk Municipal Hospital No 2 and at the Medical Center of Nikopol Ferroalloy Plant.
Attention has been paid to the cognitive technologies development for the analysis, management and design of complex equipment. The rapid progress of cognitive technologies, the transformation of this area into a powerful industry is forced by the objective need to quickly achieve a new quality of management of complex systems, including rocket and space technology. The department has proposed a method to construct promising distributed (network) spacecraft control systems based on reconfigurable self-tuning measuring and control systems.
International cooperation and foreign partners
Research within the framework of international projects INTAS-94-0644 “Experimental and Computational Analysis of Tethered Space Systems”, INTAS-99-01096 “Theoretical and experimental investigation of multibody space systems connected by hinges and tethers” (1996-2003) was carried out in cooperation with the Institute of Applied Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia) and the Vienna University of Technology (Austria).
Research was carried out under the LEOSWEEP project “Improving Low Earth Orbit Security With Enhanced Electric Propulsion” (“Improving Low Earth Orbit Security With Enhanced Electric Propulsion” FP7-SPA 2013.3.2-01, EUROPEAN COMMISSION 7th Framework Program for Research, Technological Development and Demonstration), which was signed as a result of winning the FP7-SPACE-2013 competition of the European Union, https://leosweep.upm.es/ru/). The project is devoted to the development of the concept of a shepherd spacecraft with an ion beam to remove large objects of space debris from crowded areas of low Earth orbits. The LEOSWEEP is a joint project of experts of ITM of NASU and SSAU; state design office “Yuzhnoye”; Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain); TransMIT Gesellschaft fuer Technologietransfer mb (Germany); Deutsches Zentrum Fuer Luft – und Raumfahrt EV (Germany); Deimos Engenharia SA (Portugal), International Space Law Center (Ukraine), University of Southampton (UK), Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France).
Modern research conducted in the department
The field of research conducted in the department at this time has reached a certain level of development: the study of free and controlled operating regimes of functioning of transformative spatially developed space and ground-based mechanical systems under a broad spectrum of actions; system analysis of space sector problems. Research directions have acquired new topical aspects.
Development of system analysis methods. The department is conducting research into the applicability of statistical methods of mathematical modeling of the movement of space debris objects based on the developed method of regression analysis – the method of structural-parametric identification for modeling the movement of large fragments of space debris in the class of systems of autoregressive models, in which the coefficients are determined on the basis of beta density functions distributions The application of the method should increase the accuracy of modeling the movement of large fragments of space debris based on the results of their observation.
Systematic analysis of space sector problems. The state of the methodological basis of RST design in Ukraine can be considered unsatisfactory. One of the main reasons for the incompleteness of the “Cyclone-4”, “Sich-2” and “Lybid” projects was the lack of certified industry methods to calculate expected technical and economic indicators and reliability indicators. Under such conditions, the main important decisions of the management of the space agency and the government of Ukraine were made on the basis of information determined through expert assessments, or on the basis of subjective (often advertising) data of organizations-potential contractors for the implementation of resource-intensive state projects. The availability of certified industry methods will significantly reduce the requirements for the technical competence of the management staff of the space agency, and the companies developing new RST samples will calculate the expected technical and economic indicators and reliability indicators according to formalized (computerized) methods that are transparent and uniform for all RST developers. At the same time, the space agency will be able to quickly and effectively control the quality of these calculations (as is the case in the space agencies of leading countries in the field of RST).
In order to take the first steps to improve the methodological base of RST in Ukraine regarding the development and certification of branch methods, the department is currently developing methods to calculate indicators of scientific and technical projects of promising space systems. Attention is focused on the development of the methods for calculating the technical level and the methodology for calculating the expected cost of research and development work (R&D).
Monitoring the global space activity. In order to carry out a qualitative analysis of the problems of the space sector and to determine the actual tasks of the study of the functioning of mechanical space-based systems, the department constantly monitors the global trends in the development of space activities, in particular, the analysis of the market for services in this area, the analysis of the trends in the development of transport and satellite space systems is carried out.
Optimization of guided motion and basic design parameters of solid-fuel rockets. Despite the accumulated experience in the design of solid-fuel rockets in the development of new models of rocket technology, as well as in the process of modernization of existing ones, the tasks of optimizing motion control programs and the main characteristics of missiles that fly along ballistic and aeroballistic trajectories continue to be relevant.
For the initial stage of design, a complex of mathematical models has been developed to calculate dimensional and mass, energy, aerodynamic and ballistic characteristics, control programs and parameters of rocket movement in different sections of the flight for ballistic and aeroballistic trajectories and typical aerodynamic designs of rockets.
Algorithms to implement various methods of joint optimization of design parameters, trajectory parameters and flight control programs of solid-fuel rockets have been developed. Estimates of the accuracy and speed of deterministic optimization methods and random search methods have been obtained when they are used to automatically determine the main design parameters and control programs based on the flight range criterion of single-stage rockets.
The developed package of methods of application programs allows, at the initial stage of design, with the accuracy required for design studies, to determine the optimal in a given class of functions of the motion control program, rational values of the design parameters and basic characteristics of the rocket for the analysis of various aerodynamic structures and flight schemes.
The developed methods make it possible to conduct an analysis of alternative design solutions and, thus, allows to improve the quality of solutions to the problems of the initial stage of design and to reduce the terms and costs of carrying out design work when creating new samples of solid-fuel rockets.
Dynamics of spacecraft and complexes.
Remote sensing of the Earth. One of the areas of research is the development of methods and techniques to calculate, select and maintain the orbits of remote sensing satellites (RSS) in order to increase the efficiency of their work, including as part of a group of satellites. The relevance of this direction is determined by the current stage of the development of space technologies, including the technology of electric motors (EM) and the transition from uncontrolled orbital motion of the satellite to its movement along a given trajectory. The use of EM has opened up the possibility of using ultra-low orbits, which have a number of significant advantages for solving the tasks of remote sensing of the Earth. Space-to-Earth missions often use near-circular orbits for which changes in radius per revolution are higher than tenths of a percent. In particular, this applies to RSS satellites, for which the proximity of trajectories to a circular orbit is an important factor in the quality of observation. A system of equations of the perturbed motion of the satellite in almost circular orbits, convenient for calculations and analytical studies, has been developed. The effectiveness of the application of the developed form of equations for numerical and analytical studies of satellite motion in almost circular orbits is shown. With the help of the obtained form of equations, the main regularities of the influence of the second zonal harmonic of the geopotential on the movement of the satellite have been analyzed, and an analytical model of the movement of the satellite under the action of the zonal harmonics of the geopotential has been developed. The proposed form of the equations of the disturbed motion of the satellite in almost circular orbits has been used in the calculation of the orbits of the minimum change in altitude, the selection of the orbits of the RSS satellites, the analysis of the removal of space debris objects, and the estimation of the values of the density of the atmosphere for low and ultralow orbits.
Electrodynamic tethered space systems. A model of the dynamics of the electrodynamic tethered space system (EDTSS) is being developed, the feature of which is the thermoelectronic coating of the tether, which significantly increases the efficiency of the system. Studies of changes in the values of the EDTSS parameters due to the influence of different temperature regimes of operation are being conducted.
Control of space vehicles. A computer model of the orbital and angular motion of a service space vehicle has been developed, taking into account disturbances caused by the non-centrality of the Earth’s gravitational field, the gravity of the Sun and the Moon, the resistance of the atmosphere and the pressure of solar radiation. The model is implemented using free software. The analysis of the latest achievements in the field of using deep learning to solve the tasks of navigation, guidance and control in space is performed. The task of controlling the angular and relative motion of spacecraft in solving both traditional and new tasks, such as service operations in space, is considered. To solve such tasks, both methods of learning with a teacher and learning with reinforcement are used. The use of different architectures of artificial neural networks, including convolutional and recurrent ones, is considered. An analysis of the possibility of joint use of deep learning and control theory methods to increase the efficiency of solving the considered tasks is carried out.
Methods of machine learning in the tasks of calculating the dynamics of space vehicles. An analysis has been carried out of methods of joint use of machine learning methods and differential equations. The possibility of modeling the orbital motion of spacecraft using artificial neural networks has been studied, and the possibility of using machine learning methods for modeling disturbing effects on the movement of the spacecraft has been analyzed.
Autonomous space systems. Structures of models of autonomous space systems functioning as “Cognitive Technical Systems – KgTS” (the next level of technology development after cyber-physical systems) are studied in the ITM of NASU. For KgTS, flexibility is important in conditions of limited resources and radical uncertainty, but operation failures are unacceptable. The general scheme of the information model of the distributed multi-agent computing intelligence of the autonomous space system has been developed on the basis of the cognitive approach. The properties of KgTS have been studied. One of the main properties is the existence of a multi-scale phase space, which is generated by networks of test sketches, discrimination problems, and images. Planning and monitoring of actions takes place on many scales simultaneously. This is an example of the application of dynamic logic (the logic of “stealth” or planning from “fuzzy” to “precise”), which reflects the natural desire to reduce complexity. The second key property of KgTS is the existence of a total audit and prediction of all information flows (the concept of “KgTS connectome”), which allows you to implement “soft” measurement of any signal even in conditions of sensor failure (this significantly increases the reliability of the system as a whole). The use of such technology in aerospace systems allows to prevent many disasters, as a result, to significantly extend the operation of autonomous systems. The third key property of KgTS is the ability to dynamically and competitively shape behavior (the way to accomplish the mission) in conditions of uncertainty of any type, actively manipulating available resources (networks of opportunities and needs) and using very weak signals (at the expense of marginal generalization of knowledge – “paradigm of marginal generalizations”).
Orbital service systems. Problems of space debris.
Implementation of existing and development of new orbital service projects is a stable trend in the development of space technology. The department conducts research on ballistic problems of substantiation, planning and execution of single-use and industrial orbital servicing (IOS) missions. Structures, features and development trends of ballistic models of space missions of planned and emergency IOS are studied. Ballistic models of industrial space maintenance missions are being developed.
The problems of implementing the concept of contactless removal of space debris “Shepherd with an ion beam” are being researched. Neural network models (NMMs) of the impact of an electrojet engine flare on a space debris object are being developed and studied. The issues of NMM parameters optimization using the method of learning with a teacher, the issue of choosing an optimizer and its parameters that will ensure the smallest error at the stage of validation of training results are investigated. Peculiarities of the impact of the relative position of the OSD, as well as the architecture of the NMM on the accuracy of determining the impact force are studied. The proposed models will ensure sufficient accuracy in determining the force impact. Compared to existing methods, the use of NMMs significantly speeds up obtaining results, which makes them promising for use both on spacecraft and for mathematical modeling of space debris removal missions. On the basis of the application of convolutional neural networks, the issues of developing the structure and optimizing the parameters of the disturbance detection model for non-contact interaction of orbital service satellites are investigated – a model that does not require information about the relative position and orientation of the service object.
Orbital service clients often include objects that have unwanted rotational motion, which makes it difficult or impossible to carry out their maintenance actions. Therefore, a service operation with a rotating service object must be preceded by an operation of angular motion compensation or its motion control. The department investigates the problems of applying methods of controlling the spatial position of a non-cooperative object of orbital service relative to a spacecraft. The main attention is paid to the methods of estimating the relative spatial position of the object of the orbital service in the case of the absence of its three-dimensional model.
Industrial space platforms. Currently, a new paradigm of space industrialization is being formed, related to the creation of fundamentally new materials, the manufacturing technology of which is determined by the need to ensure the conditions of vacuum and weightlessness and, in this regard, the transfer of production beyond the borders of the Earth. One of the stages of moving production beyond the borders of the Earth is the creation of orbital industrial platforms. The main task of orbital industrial platforms is to provide areas for the placement of the necessary technological equipment, depending on the type of technological process, to provide sufficient power supply, and, if necessary, to provide auxiliary technological equipment. Currently, orbital industrial platforms are at the stage of concept development. In this regard, an urgent problem is the development of a methodology to design systems of this class, to solve this problem, the following tasks must be solved: analysis of existing technological processes that require vacuum and weightlessness conditions; classification of types and structures of orbital industrial platforms (OIP); development of methods for the process of creation, launch into orbit and installation of OIP; development of the project view of the basic OIP; development of OIP information model; development of technology for storage and delivery of products created at OIP to the customer; development of a mathematical model of the OIP operation; development of methods for the selection of OIP parameters; development of scientific and methodological principles of structural and parametric design of OIP.
The department conducts research on the problems of implementing industrial space complexes. Mathematical models and algorithms are being developed to determine the project parameters of the distributed energy system of the space industrial platform. The classification of technological processes in vacuum and weightlessness conditions is proposed. The basic configuration of the space industrial platform has been determined. Modern optimization methods are studied in relation to their use for industrial platform design tasks. Mathematical models and algorithms are being developed to determine the project parameters of the distributed energy system of the space industrial platform.
Space systems for countering global warming. The problem of global warming is widely discussed in international scientific circles and acquires the status of a planetary threat facing humanity. Taking this into account, the world’s leading scientific centers are developing methodological approaches and technologies to combat global warming. Today, among the most well-known concepts, hypotheses and assessments of possibilities, there are the following approaches to combating global warming: a hypothesis regarding the possibility of changing the Earth’s orbit and moving it away from the Sun, technology of spraying finely dispersed metal (silver, bronze, aluminum, etc.) dust in near outer space for partial reflection of sunlight; refusal to use hydrocarbon technologies as a fuel resource. The department conducts research aimed at preliminary estimation calculations, the development of methodological recommendations for the creation of technologies for countering solar radiation by deploying atmospheric and space film structures, which is a very relevant and promising scientific direction.
The most important achievements of the department in recent years of research.
A method is proposed to control the relative motion of a service spacecraft by changing the thrust of a compensating electrojet engine in a small range relative to its nominal value and algorithms are developed. The use of such control algorithms makes it possible to significantly reduce the required mass of the working body of the jet engines of the service spacecraft.
A methodology to determine safe space debris disposal orbits in the area of low Earth orbits has been developed. As disposal orbits, it is proposed to use near-circular orbits with average altitudes of ~ 1300 km and above 1800 km.
The important scientific and practical task of creating methods, which allows determining the optimal main characteristics of guided missile objects of various purposes at the initial stage of designing objects of rocket and space technology, has been solved.
Scientific methods for the study of the dynamics of the orbital grouping of space objects, taking into account the mobility of the attachment points on the base platform, has been developed.
Neural network models (NMMs) have been developed to determine the impact of an electrojet engine flare on an object of space debris. Compared to existing methods, the use of NMMs accelerates the result by 2-3 times, which makes them promising for use both on spacecraft and for mathematical modeling of space debris removal missions.
An analytical model of the satellite movement in almost circular orbits around the Earth has been created. The model has high accuracy, determines the changes of the average elements of the orbit with simple analytical formulas, is convenient for analyzing the properties of the orbits and allows the selection of a stable (“frozen”) orbit of satellites.
A paradigm of boundary generalizations (BGS) has been developed, which allows step-by-step refinement of the model of the functioning of a complex space system (hierarchy of surrogate models). The improved modeling language of “cognitive technical systems” on the basis of BGS showed the advantages of the cognitive approach in solving the tasks of ensuring information system security and efficiency of critical technical systems of space applications.
Researchers O. S. Palii and E. O. Lapkhanov became laureates of the “Prize of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to young scientists” in 2020.
Relevant cooperation with Ukrainian and foreign organizations
Joint work in the field of remote sensing of the Earth is being carried out with NTU “Dniprovska Polytechnic” (Department of Information Technologies and Computer Engineering), National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine (NMetAU) (Department of Information Technologies and Systems).
Within the framework of the contract (No. 363-9 dated 01.09.2023) between the ITM of the National Academy of Sciences of the SSAU and the Northwestern Polytechnic University of the city of Xi’an (PRC), research will be conducted related to the problem of the growth of the amount of space debris and its processing, the problems of creating space systems for the protection of individual the territory of the Earth from excessive solar radiation.
The experimental and methodological base of the department contains laboratory equipment for the study of elements of tethered space systems, as well as software complexes for solving problems in the main areas of research work of the department.
- Dynamics of Spacecraft with Magnetic Control Systems (in Russian). /Alpatov A.P., Dranovsky V.I., Saltykov Yu.D., Khoroshilov V.S. / Kovtunenko V.M. (ed). – Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978. – 200 pp.
- Alpatov A.P., Belonozhko P.A., Gorbuntsov V.V. et al. Dynamics of Spatially Developed Configurable Mechanical Systems (in Russian). – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1990. – 255 pp.
- Alpatov A.P. Mobile Control of Mechanical Systems (in Russian). – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1998. – 245 pp.
- Rotary Motion of Tethered Space Systems (in Russian) / A.P. Alpatov, V.V. Beletsky, V.I. Dranovsky, A.E. Zakrzhevsky, A.V. Pirozhenko, G. Troger, V.S. Khoroshilov. – Dnepropetrovsk: ITM of NASU and NSAU, 2001. – 404 pp.
- Alpatov A.P., Prokopchuk Yu.A., Kostra V.V. Hospital Information Systems: Architecture, Models, and Solutions (in Russian). – Dnepropetrovsk: USKhTU, 2005. – 257 pp.
- Dynamics of Space Systems Connected by Hinges and Tethers (in Russian) / A.P. Alpatov, V.V. Beletsky, V.I. Dranovsky, A.E. Zakrzhevsky, A.V. Pirozhenko, G. Troger, V.S. Khoroshilov. – Izhevsk : Regulyarnaya i Khaoticheskaya Dinamika, 2007. – 558 pp.
- Prokopchuk Yu.A. Intelligent Medical Systems: Formal Logical Level (in Russian). – Dnepropetrovsk: ITM of NASU and NSAU, 2007. – 259 pp.
- Information Technologies in Education and Health Care (in Russian) / A.P. Alpatov, Yu.A. Prokopchuk, O.V. Yushchenko, S.V. Khoroshilov. – Dnepropetrovsk: ITM of NASU and NSAU, 2008. – 287 pp.
- Sarychev A.P. Identification of States of Structurally Uncertain Systems (in Russian). – Dnepropetrovsk: ITM of NASU and NSAU, 2008. – 268 pp.
- Efficiency of Scientific and Technical Projects and Programs (in Russian) / O.V. Pylypenko, E.S. Pereverzev, A.P. Alpatov, V.T. Marchenko, O.K. Pechenevskaya, P.P. Khorolsky. – Dnepropetrovsk : Porogi, 2008. – 509 pp.
- Dynamics of Tethered Spaсe Systems / A. P. Alpatov, V. V. Beletsky, V. I. Dranovskii, V. S. Khoroshilov, A. V. Pirozhenko, H. Troger, A. E .Zakrzhevskii. – Boca Raton, FL, USA: CRC Press, 2010. – 223 p.
- Prokopchuk Yu. A. The principle of limit generalizations: methodology, problems, applications. Monograph. – Dnipro: ITM of the NASU and SSAU, 2012.- 384 pp.
- System analysis and control of complex systems in conditions of uncertainty / A.P. Alpatov, V.T. Marchenko, Yu.A. Prokopchuk, A.P. Sarychev, S.V. Khoroshilov. – Dnepropetrovsk: ITM NASU and SSAU, 2015 .– 196 pp.
- Sarycheva L. GMDH-Clustering / L. Sarycheva, A. Sarychev // GMDH-Methodology and Implementation in C / Editor Godfrey Onwubolu. London : Imperial College Press, 2015. – P. 157-203.
- Prokopchuk Yu. A. Integration, convergence, creativity – key characteristics of information technologies of the new generation (in Russian) / Yu. A. Prokopchuk // Integration of economic and information processes: current state and prospects for development: collective monograph / Zag. ed. L. M. Savchuk / Dnipropetrovsk: Gerda, 2015. – P. 352-365.
- Alpatov A.P. Dynamics of Spacecraft (in Russian). – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 2016 – 486 pp.
- Alexander Sarychev. Modeling complex systems under structural uncertainty: regression and autoregressive models / LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing RU, Saarbrucken, Deutschland. – 2016 .– 274 pp.
- Sarychev A. P. Modeling in the class of systems of autoregressive equations with random coefficients in conditions of structural uncertainty (in Russian) // System technologies for modeling complex processes: collective monograph under general editorship. Prof. A. I. Mikhaleva. – ITM of the NASU and SSAU. – Dnipro NMetAU-IVK “System Technologies”, 2016. – P. 463-499. – 608 p.
- Yu. O. Prokopchuk. Refinement of the model of the economic subject: mechanisms of intuition and creativity (in Ukrainian) // Economic cybernetics: aspects of the formation and development of the electronic economy: a collective monograph / Zag. ed. L. M. Savchuk, K. F. Kovalchuk / ITM of NASU and SSAU. – Dnipro: Porogy, 2017. – P. 171-185. – 480 p.
- Prokopchuk Yu. A. Sketch of a formal theory of creativity. Monograph. – Dnipro: State Higher Educational Institution “PGASA”, 2017. – 452 pp.
- Alpatov A. P. Contactless removal of space debris by an ion beam. Dynamics and Management / A.P. Alpatov, A.I. Maslova, S.V. Khoroshilov / Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbucken, Deutschland. – 2018 .– 337p.
- Alpatov A.P. Сontactless de-orbiting of space debris by the ion beam. Dynamics and control / A. P. Alpatov, S. V Khoroshylov, A. I. Maslova. – Кyiv : Akademperiodyka, 2019. – 170 p.
- Yu. A. Prokopchuk Management of socio-economic development of the country, region, and enterprise in crisis conditions (production, construction, and transport industries): monogr. / edited by L. M. Savchuk (in Ukrainian) – Dnipro: K. O. Bila Publisher, National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine, 2019. – 472 p.
- Innovation-information processes in marketing: monograph/ed. L. M. Savchuk, M. O. Bagorka (in Ukrainian) – Dnipro: Zhurfond, 2019. – 336 p. Rozdil 2.3 Prokopchuk Yu. A. Rebranding of the “Brain of the Firm” concept in the light of digital and technological transformation of business processes. – Dnipro: Zhurfond, 2019. – P. 82-94.
- Prokopchuk Yu. A. Intuition: the experience of formal research (in Russian) – Dnipro: Ed. GVUZ “PGASA”, 2022. – 724 p.
- Alpatov A. Determination of the force transmitted by an ion thruster plasma plume to an orbital object / A. Alpatov, F. Cichocki, A. Fokov, S. Khoroshylov, M. Merino, A. Zakrzhevskii // Acta Astronautica. – 2016. – #119. – P.241 – 251. (Scopus)
- Pirozhenko A.V. Project of small experimental electrodynamic tether space system / A. V. Pirozhenko, A. I. Maslova, A. V. Mishchenko, D. A. Khramov, O. L. Voloshenyuk // Space science and technology. – 2018. – №2. – Pp. 3 – 11.
- Pirozhenko A. V. Small experimental electrodynamic tether space system. Electrical model (in Russian) / A. V. Pirozhenko, A. V. Mishchenko // Cosmic science and technology. – 2018. – No. 3. – P. 3-10.
- Alpatov A. Control of an Ion Beam Shepherd Satellite Using the Impulse Compensation Thruster / A. Alpatov, S. Khoroshylov, C. Bombardelli //Acta Astronautica. – 2018. – Vol 151. – P. 543-554.
- Khoroshylov S. Relative motion control system of spacecraft for contactless space debris removal // Science and Innovation. – 2018. -№14(4). – P. 5-16.
- Pirozhenko A. V., Maslova A. I., Vasiliev V. V. On the influence of the second zonal harmonic on the motion of a satellite in almost circular orbits (in Russian) // Space Science and Technology. – 2019. – T. 25, No. 2. – P. 3-14.
- Volosheniuk O. L. Influence of the end body dynamics on stabilization processes in the relative motion of a space tethered system stabilized by rotation / O. L. Volosheniuk // Science and Innovations. – 2019. – Т. 15, № 2. – P. 17-24.
- Khoroshylov S.V. Out-of-plane relative control of an ion beam shepherd satellite using yaw attitude deviations // Acta Astronautica. – 2019. – Vol 164. – P. 254-261.
- Lapkhanov E. Development of the aeromagnetic space debris deorbiting system / E. Lapkhanov, S. Khoroshylov // Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. – 2019. – Vol. 5., Iss. 5(101). – P. 30-37.
- Marchenko V. T. On one approach to assessing the technical level of geostationary communication satellites (in Russian) / V. T. Marchenko, E. P. Petlyak //Space science and technology. – 2019. – No. 6. – P. 11-20.
- Kavats O. Monitoring Harvesting by Time Series of Sentinel-1 SAR Data / O. Kavats, D. Khramov, K. Sergieieva, V. Vasyliev // Remote Sensing. -2019. – V. 11, N 21, 2496; https://doi.org/10.3390/rs11212496
- Alpatov A. Synthesizing an algorithm to control the angular motion of spacecraft equipped with an aeromagnetic deorbiting system / A. Alpatov, S. Khoroshylov, E. Lapkhanov // Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies.- 2020. – Vol. 1/5 (103). – P. 37-46.
- Khoroshylov S. Relative control of an ion beam shepherd satellite in eccentric orbits // Acta Astronautica.- 2020. – Vol 176. – P. 89-98.
- Senkin V. S. On the Issue of Choice of the Parameter Optimization Method for a Guided Missile / V. S. Senkin, S. V. Syutkina-Doronina // Science and Innovation. – 2020. – Vo. 16(3). – P. 50-64.
- Pirozhenko A. Development of a new form of equations of disturbed motion of a satellite in nearly circular orbits / A. Pirozhenko, A. Maslova, D. Khramov, O. Volosheniuk, A. Mischenko // Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. – 2020. – Vol. 4, № 5 (106). – P. 70-77.
- Аlpatov A. P. Assessment perspectives for the orbital utilization of space debris / A. P. Аlpatov., Yu. M. Goldshtein. // Space Science and Technology. – 2021. – Т.27. – № 3. – P. 3-12.
- Fokov O. A. Relative motion of a space vehicle with an aerodynamic compensator in the direction perpendicular to the plane of orbit during non-contact removal of space debris (in Ukrainian) / O. A. Fokov, S. V. Khoroshilov, D. S. Svorobin // Space science and technology. – 2021. – No. 2 (129). – P. 15-27.
- Modified design of the deployable mesh reflector antenna for mini satellites / O. Sushko, E. Medzmariashvili, F. Filipenko, S. Khoroshylov at al. // CEAS Space J. – 2021. – №13, Iss. 4. – P. 533-542.
- Design and Analysis of Light-Weight Deployable Mesh Reflector Antenna for Small Multibeam SAR Satellite / O. Sushko., E. Medzmariashvili, S. Tserodze, S. Khoroshylov at al. // EUSAR 2021: Proceedings of the European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar. March 29 – April 1, 2021. – Online.
- Navigation Safety Control System Development Through Navigator Action Prediction by Data Mining Means / P. Nosov, S. Zinchenko, A. Ben, Y. Prokopchuk, P. Mamenko, I. Popovych, V. Moiseienko, D. Kruglyj // Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. – 2021. – Vol. 2, No. 9 (110) – P. 55-68.
- Development and experimental study of analyzer to enhance maritime safety /, P. Nosov, S. Zinchenko, V. Plokhikh, I. Popovych, Y. Prokopchuk, D. Makarchuk, P. Mamenko, V. Moiseienko, A. Ben // Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. – 2021. – Vol. 4, No. 3 (112)). – P. 27-35.
- Khoroshylov S. V. Time-Periodic Spacecraft Attitude Control with the Use of Slewing Permanent Magnets / S. V. Khoroshylov, E. O. Lapkhanov // Science and Innovation. – 2022. – 18(5). – P. 38-48.
- Alpatov A. Р. Designing the configuration and selecting the design parameters of drag systems for deorbiting spacecraft created by Pivdenne design office / A. Р. Alpatov, E. О. Lapkhanov, O. S. Palii // Science and Innovation. – 2022. – 18(4). – P. 55-63.
- Alpatov A. P. State and directions of the improvement of the regulatory framework for the development of rocket and space technology in Ukraine (in Ukrainian) / A.P. Alpatov, V.T. Marchenko, P.P. Khorolskyi, N.P. Sazina // Science and Innovation. – 2022. – Volume 18, N1. – P. 76-88.
- Pirozhenko A. V. Analytical model of satellite motion in almost circular orbits under the influence of zonal harmonics of geopotential / A. V. Pirozhenko, A. I. Maslova, V. V. Vasyliev // Space Science and Technology. – 2022. – 28, № 4 (137). – P. 18-30.
- Alpatov A. Combined method for spacecraft deorbiting with angular stabilization of the sail using magnetorquers / A. Alpatov, M. Dron’, A. Golubek, Erik Lapkhanov // CEAS Space Journal. – 2022.
- Alpatov A. Р. Development of R & D framework for the modernization of the aerodynamic deorbit system for the use on the upper stage of Cyclone-1M launch vehicle. / A. Р. Alpatov, O. P. Kuznetsov, O. S. Palii, E. O. Lapkhanov // Science and Innovation. – 2022. – 18(6). – Р. 60-71.
- Lapkhanov E. Determining the degree of effect of heat flows on the defor-mation of the shell of a space inflatable platform with a payload / E. Lapkhanov, O. Palii, A. Golubek // Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. – 2022. – Vol. 199, No. 5(1). – P. 6-16.
- Khoroshylov S. V. Deep learning for space guidance, navigation, and control. / S. V. Khoroshylov, M. O. Redka // Space Science and Technology. – 2021. – 27, № 6 (133). – P. 38-52.
- Khoroshylov S. V. Determination of the force impact of an ion thruster plume on an orbital object via deep learning / S. V. Khoroshylov, M. O. Redka // Space Science and Technology. – 2022. – 28, № 5 (138). – P. 15-26.
- Zheliabov P. Electromagnetic Stabilization System Algorithm During Energy Restriction Mode for the Near-Symmetric Satellites / P. Zheliabov, E. Lapkhanov, D. Faizullin, A. Kulabukhov, K. Hiraki // International Review of Aerospace Engineering. – 2022. – № 15(1). – P. 62-70.
|OFFICE ADDRESS:||Institute of Technical Mechanics , 15 Leshko-Popelya St., Dnipro, Ukraine, 49005|