Based on our model of a closed biokinematic chain for simulation of the kinematics and dynamics of an extremity as a part of a rehabilitation mechanism and our model of locomotor biokinematic chain dynamics for diagnostic parameter calculation, we have developed:
- new methods to diagnose and predict the state of the locomotor apparatus;
- new methods of partial and/or full rehabilitation of patients who suffer from a congenital or acquired pathology. .
We have designed, prototyped, and tested the following devices for the examination and analysis of the biomechanical condition of the human body and for the treatment and rehabilitation of the locomotor apparatus in the case of impaired mobility in hip, knee, and elbow joints and in the spine:
- post-traumatic rehabilitation device to train a leg in the knee and hip joints by forced (but passive for the patient’s muscles) flexion and extension at specified intervals and rate. The device is under clinical testing at the Traumatology and Orthopedics Department of the Mechnikov Dnipropetrovsk Regional Hospital;
- adjustable traction table to treat reflex and radicular syndromes of lumbosacral osteochondroses by static and cyclic spine traction (designed);
- adjustable manipulation table for manual therapy (designed);
- hardware-software complex to measure extremity tremor for early diagnosis of joint stiffness and movement incoordination detection (prototyped);
- device to measure a endoprosthesis play when determining the degree of wear of the hinge bearing surfaces
Field of application: new facilities for the examination, analysis, treatment, and rehabilitation of the locomotor apparatus and for the medical monitoring of the biomechanical condition of the human body.